The role of records and information management is to support the continuing conduct of business through the implementation and management of a records management program that observes best practice requirements and the regulatory environment in which the Synod operates. Records are essential to the Synod's operations as they provide evidence of the Synod’s business activities, events and transactions.
All employees (including paid staff, contractors, consultants, graduates, volunteers, committee members and ministry agents) must create and manage records that adequately and properly document the business activities in which they take part. All records and associated content must be captured in locations and systems approved by the Synod.
Records management functions across the Synod are provided by the Records Manager as part of the Secretariat.
- Developing, implementing and managing the records and information management program and strategic framework;
- Developing and promoting records and information management policy, procedure, standards and guidelines;
- Developing and implementing a quality management regime to monitor records and information management compliance and performance;
- Developing and implementing a records and information retention and disposal program;
- Managing the operation of the corporate recordkeeping system in conjunction with the Information Technology and Systems area; and
- Provision of records and information management services and advice, including the coordination of an education and training program.
Key Resource Documents
The following key resource documents will assist employees in meeting their records and information management responsibilities.
- Records Management Policy
- Ministry Oversight and Discipline Confidential Records Policy
- EDRMS Document Migration Guideline
- Decommissioning Business Systems Guideline
- Managing Records in Business Systems Guideline
- Digital Imaging of Records Procedure
- Managing Email Records Procedure
For More Information
For more information about Records Management contact Barry Kirk, Records Manager on 02 8267 4307 or email@example.com