The role of records and information management is to support the continuing conduct of operations through the implementation and management of a records management program that observes best practice requirements and the regulatory environment in which the Synod and its entities operate. Records are essential to the operations of the Synod and its entities as they provide evidence of our activities, events and transactions.
All employees (including paid staff, contractors, consultants, graduates, volunteers, committee members and ministry agents) must create and manage records that adequately and properly document the activities in which they take part. All records and associated content should be captured in locations and systems approved by the Synod.
Records management functions across the Synod are provided by the Records Management team as part of the Synod Operations area.
- Developing, implementing and managing the records and information management program;
- Developing and promoting records and information management policy, procedure, standards and guidelines;
- Developing and implementing a quality management regime to monitor records and information management compliance and performance;
- Managing the operation of the corporate recordkeeping system in conjunction with the Information Technology and Systems area;
- Provision of records and information management services and advice, including the coordination of an education and training program; and
- Archival management and storage of secondary records
Key Resource Documents
The activity areas below contain key resource documents to assist employees, volunteers and Church members in meeting their records and information management responsibilities.
- Records Management Policy
- Ministry Oversight and Discipline Confidential Records Policy
- Decommissioning Business Systems Guideline
- Managing Records in Business Systems Guideline
- Digital Imaging of Records Procedure
- Managing Email Records Procedure
- Recordkeeping Fundamentals for Church Entities
- Recordkeeping Guidance for Church Entities
- File Types (Extensions) I can save in the EDRMS
- EDRMS Tips and Tricks Guide - MacroView
- EDRMS Tips and Tricks Guide - SharePoint
- EDRMS Tips and Tricks Guide - OneDrive for Business
- Transfer of Records to Secondary Storage Guideline
- Disposal and Destruction of Records Guideline
- Destruction of Physical Records – Self Help Guideline
For More Information
For more information contact the records management team.
Barry Kirk – 02 9054 7084
Lokesh Verma – 02 9159 9624
Thomas Roper – 02 9159 9712