2018 Christmas Voucher Appeal
MP Meeting Resources - #WeCanDoBetter for people seeking asylum
These resources are designed to help you feel confident and prepared for a meeting with your MP to discuss key issues affecting people seeking asylum. The policies outlined in the MP Asks document have been identified as key areas of concern for those directly affected.
- MP Asks - what you should talk about in your meeting & key areas of focus (fair process, permanent protection, increased humanitarian intake)
- ASRC Policy Paper on Fair Process
- ASRC Policy Paper on Permanent Protection
- Summary of major political party positions on people seeking asylum
- How to handle objections on this issue - a resource by OXFAM
- A Guide to a Successful Meeting with your MP - tips on how to make the most out of the meeting including: who to bring, how to prepare and how to follow up.
- Further reading and resources on Fast Track Process, Temporary Protection and Offshore Processing
Asylum Seeker Resources and further reading
- Shelter from the Storm (Uniting Justice Australia)
- Searching For Freedom (Uniting Justice Australia) Prepared for Refugee Week 2016, this resource is a reminder of what people are doing when they flee situations of persecution and grave danger.
- The 1951 Refugee Convention
- The UN High Commissioner for Refugees 2015 Global Report
- Click here to download a copy of the "We Can Do Better" sign
Affordable Housing Resources and further reading
- Inclusionary zoning info sheet
- State housing plan info sheet
- Writing to your MP - tips and instructions
- Theological reflection – Land, wealth and the provision for life in the Biblical tradition
- Table Talks 2015 analysis report
- Federal tax concessions info sheet