Adult Fellowship in NSW & ACT
“Adult Fellowship is the coming together of women and men in the church for a wide variety of spiritual, social, educational, recreational, service and mission support activities.”
Uniting Church Adult Fellowship brings people together to motivate, nurture, collect and share information and to be a link between presbytery and congregational groups.
We’re also linked to the World Federation of Methodist and Uniting Church Women, and we maintain links with other organisations which have similar ideals including:
- Australian Church Women
- National Council of Women
- Pan Pacific and South East Asia Women’s Association
- World Day of Prayer Committee.
There are many different types of organised fellowship groups in congregations including:
- Couples Clubs
- Family Fun
- Sport and Recreation
- Craft Groups
- Missionary Support
Our primary goals are to provide resources and support for adult fellowship groups which are active in our Congregations and Presbyteries.
Among other things, we:
- encourage adult fellowship groups by attending Presbytery gatherings and arranging visits to those in remote areas.
- publish a yearbook and an occasional newsletter.
- prepare the fellowship page in the NSW Synod magazine.
- prepare Appreciation Certificates for presentation to members of congregations on the occasion of their 80th, 90th or 100th Birthdays.
- assist and organise catering for the Moderator’s Lunch for Retired Ministers & Spouses.
- appoint Proxy members to the Adult Fellowship Synod Committee for remote Presbyteries.
- appoint members to attend Uniting Church NSW/ACT Synod meetings.
- appoint two representatives to the Adult Fellowship National Committee triennially.
- encourage people to attend the triennial National Celebration (organised by the National Committee (for spiritual and physical renewal).
- encourage support for projects chosen by the National Committee by providing information and promoting financial assistance.
- raise funds to support the work we do.
Chairperson: Rev Noreen Towers
Secretary: Mrs Laraine Jones
Treasurer: Mr Ron Gregory
“Connexion” Newsletter: Mr Geoff Hicks
Our committee representatives are happy to visit fellowship groups to share information about the adult fellowship network around Australia. If you would like to arrange a visit or to find out more please email us.