Adult Fellowship in NSW & ACT
“Adult Fellowship is the coming together of women and men in the church for a wide variety of spiritual, social, educational, recreational, service and mission support activities.”
Uniting Church Adult Fellowship brings people together to motivate, nurture, collect and share information and to be a link between presbytery and congregational groups.
We’re also linked to World Alliance of Reformed Churches and the World Federation of Methodist and Uniting Church Women, and we maintain links with other organisations which have similar ideals including:
- Australian Church Women
- National Council of Women
- Pan Pacific and South East Asia Women’s Association
- World Day of Prayer Committee.
There are many different types of organised fellowship groups in congregations including.
- Bible Study Groups
- Missionary Support
- Young Christian Parents
- Family Fun
- Couples Clubs
- Sport and Recreation
- Language Classes
- Mums and Bubs
- Drama and Art
- YAMS (Young and Married).
Our primary goals are to provide resources and support for adult fellowship groups which are active in our Congregations and Presbyteries.
Among other things, we:
- inform adult fellowships of relevant fellowship activities throughout Australia and overseas
- play host to interstate and overseas visitors from affiliated organisations
- publish a yearbook and an occasional newsletter
- prepare the fellowship page in the NSW Synod magazine
- manage invitations to UCAF and other denominations’ events
- appoint proxy members to the national Assembly and NSW/ACT Synod meetings when Presbytery Committees members are not available
- provide a range of devotional resources e.g. for the festivals of Easter and Christmas for adult fellowship groups
- raise funds to support the work we do
- assist and organise catering for the Moderator’s Lunch for Retired Ministers
- send a delegate to the National Consultation of Adult Fellowships every three years
- encourage people to attend the National Celebration (for spiritual and physical renewal), which is organised every three years by the National Committee.
Our committee representatives are happy to visit fellowship groups to share information about the adult fellowship network around Australia. If you would like to arrange a visit or to find out more please contact:
The President, Mr Allan Secomb: firstname.lastname@example.org
The Secretary, Mrs Laraine Jones: email@example.com
The Treasurer, Mr Geoff Hicks: firstname.lastname@example.org