We Coordinate Your Claims

We have several points of contact depending on the type of claim that you wish to make.

IMPORTANT - Synod officers have a duty of disclosure to immediately report any known incident, circumstance or event which could give rise to a possible claim under its various policies of insurance.  Failure to report such matters as soon as they are known could prejudice the Synod’s position and result in any future claim being denied by insurers.  If in doubt, please report the matter immediately to the Insurance team. 

Regardless of the type of insurance claim that you wish to make, you should always follow the general claims guidelines below;

  • Immediately report the matter to the appropriate claims contact below and follow their instructions,
  • Never admit liability or do anything that could prejudice the position of our insurers,
  • Act prudently and take all reasonable action to protect property and the safety of others,
  • Obtain details of any witnesses plus photographic evidence of any damage to property,
  • Keep invoices for any emergency repairs,
  • We will manage all communication with third parties, insurers and legal representatives.

For personal accident and non-emergency travel claims please contact insurance@nswact.uca.org.au or phone +61 2 8267 4416.


For all emergency, medical and security advice whilst travelling overseas on authorised and approved business of the Synod, please contact the appropriate regional centres of International SOS (ISOS) quoting Uniting Church NSW/ACT when calling.

  • Australia          +61 2 9372 2468
  • Singapore        +65 6338 7800
  • UK                   +44 20 8762 8008
  • US                   +1 215 942 8226

The link to claim forms for our motor and property claims are below.

Our motor claims are managed by Vero.  They can be contacted on 1300 888 073 (7 days a week) and motor claims should be submitted to lodgeclaim@vero.com.au

Our property claims are managed by Proclaim. They can by contacted on 1300 754 688 (7 days a week) and property claims should be submitted to claims@nswact.uca.org.au

For information about workers compensation insurance and claims, see the Synod Workers Compensation page.

An Incident Report Form is used to record incidents, complaints and near misses that occur and may (or may not) later become the subject of an insurance claim.  The Incident Report Form is useful as the documentation of an event; completed soon after the incident while it is fresh in the memory.  It records information about the incident, witnesses, cause and actions taken to minimise it occurring again.

The completed form should be kept on record within the congregation and a copy sent to Risk & Compliance. This is especially important where a congregation believes an incident may lead to a claim.