Photocopying or Printing Resources

The vast majority of copying and printing we do involves copyright. The Copyright Agency Limited has designed an annual licence that allows religious organisations to copy material as required. This is an annual licence where the fee is generally calculated based on the number of regular attenders in the church membership.

A summary we have received about this licence from CAL:

"The worship licence specifically covers literary material used in the service itself, in Sunday or Sabbath schools and study groups and print or digital newsletters distributed to the congregation. Content can be shown on an overhead projector and in digital presentations during the service."

For some of the larger parishes a general corporate licence is required as they are posting material to their website, sharing information/content internally for research or with committee members, some parishes have a weekday education program, are giving presentations outside of a worship service and a general corporate licence allows for the external sharing of newspaper articles.

For more information about the Religious Associations Copyright Licences