Our Vision, Mission and Values
As a people journeying together we affirm our calling under God:
- to preach Christ the crucified and risen one and confess him as Lord;
- to bear witness to the unity of faith and life in Christ, rising above cultural, economic, national and racial boundaries;
- to engage in fearless prophetic ministry in relation to social evils which deny God’s active will for justice and peace;
- to act with God alongside the oppressed, the hurt and the poor;
- to accept responsibility for the wise use and conservation of the finite resources of this earth for the benefit of all;
- to recognise, treasure and use the gifts of the Spirit given to all God’s people for ministering; and
- to live a creative, adventurous life of faith, characterised by openness, flexibility, hope and joy (based on a statement from the inaugural worship service of the Uniting Church in Australia, June 1977).
To be a fellowship of reconciliation, living God’s love and acting for the common good to build a just and compassionate community.
To inspire, empower and support the Uniting Church in all its varied expressions to live out our Christian faith. We affirm that this means supporting the goals of:
- Bringing people to Gods Love
- Responding to human need and strengthening community
- Transforming unjust social structures
- Continuing to learn and grow
- Protecting and renewing creation.
The Uniting Church is:
- inclusive and generous
- honest and accountable
- just and compassionate
- hopeful and courageous.