State legislation requires all people who are engaged in a “Child Related Activity” to have a Working With Children Clearance [WWCC] before they undertake that activity.

The NSW Working With Children Check

Ministers and paid workers of the church involved in Child related activities must apply for an employed person check [there will be an ‘E’ after the number]. There is a cost involved. They should then notify both their Presbytery and the Synod Secretariat of the number, which the Secretariat will then verify.

You can apply for a Working With Children Check number by going to their website and following the instructions.

If you have any questions please contact the Secretariat during business hours on 8267 4329 or