Schools and Colleges
There are nine Uniting Church schools providing the highest standards of education to around 10,000 students. There are more than 1,300 staff and 12 Chaplains. Approximately 600 students are boarders. The Wesley College at the University of Sydney is a residential college.
The schools and colleges are constituted by the Synod, except for the Newington and Wesley College, which have their own constitutions.
All schools and colleges support the Uniting Church ethos. Their Chairs, Principals and Chaplains meet regularly with representatives of the Church to ensure close communication. Each school and college reports to the Synod about their values, ministry, social justice and community outreach programs.
- Kinross Wolaroi School, Orange A co-educational, day and boarding school. Boarding facilities for girls are provided on a separate campus. From preparatory to Year 12.
- Knox Grammar School, Sydney Boys, day and boarding. From preparatory to Year 12.
- Margaret Jurd Learning Centre, Newcastle A small institution supporting marginalised and disadvantaged young people. Co-educational with some residential places. From Years 9 ‑ 10.
- MLC School, Sydney Day school for girls. From preparatory to Year 12 (International Baccalaureate available alongside HSC).
- Newington College, Sydney Day and boarding for boys. From preparatory to Year 12 over three campuses. The International Baccalaureate is offered alongside the Higher School Certificate.
- Pymble Ladies College, Sydney Day and boarding for girls. From preparatory to Year 12.
- Ravenswood School for Girls, Sydney Day and boarding for girls. From preparatory to Year 12. The International Baccalaureate is offered alongside the Higher School Certificate.
- Wahroonga Preparatory School, Sydney Co-educational. From preparatory to Year 6.
- Wesley College, University of Sydney A residential community for students. Co-educational, under graduates and a limited number of graduate students.