Seeds of Growth
Come, let us plant some Seeds of Growth together
Seeds of Growth is a new program which invites every Congregation to help support mission opportunities that breathe new life into our communities and bring God's love to the world.
Resources on this page will assist in the communication of the change to the new program Seeds of Growth.
Seeds Of Growth Stewardship Contribution assists the whole Church and will assist Synod to:
- Supporting existing, growing new and renewing our missional focus in congregations and service agencies through Growing Healthy Congregations
- Equipping and empowering disciples for missional leadership and ministry by Developing Vital Ministry
- Serving, leading and advocating with our congregations and communities to create a world that is inclusive, just and connected through Transformative Community Engagement
Resources for use in Congregations and Presbyteries
- Seeds of Growth Advertisement for Presbytery and Congregation Newsletters
- Seeds of Growth Six Part Bible Study
- Seeds of Growth Church Council Stewardship Devotion
- Seeds of Growth DL Brochure and A4/A3 Poster
If Churches or presbyteries would like the Seeds Of Growth Stewardship Contribution Pack mailed to them please send an email to firstname.lastname@example.org
Your questions answered
All the materials about the change from Living is Giving to Seeds of Growth contribution are available here. If you have any further questions contact your Presbytery representative.
Presbyteries and Congregations can request hard copies of Seeds of Growth materials by contacting the Synod of NSW and ACT Communications Team on 02 8267 4305 or by emailing email@example.com
A limited number of DVDs will be produced as we would prefer you download the videos directly from our Vimeo Channel for use in meetings and Congregations.
Changes are required to the way funds are raised from Uniting Church entities that benefit from being part of the Uniting Church in NSW and the ACT, to ensure that the whole Church and its members contribute to its broader operations, activities and mission.
The Uniting Church in Australia is the only denomination in Australia that has had an opt-in stewardship allocation and change is needed as contributions from Living is Giving have declined, leaving 65% of congregations faithfully supporting the whole Church. Seeds of Growth is a "whole Church" stewardship program that will support the mission of the Church.
The new Seeds of Growth Stewardship Contribution program has begun.
Good stewardship is everyone’s responsibility. As followers of Christ we are reminded that all things including life itself are a gift from God. When getting our ‘house’ in order and considering our ‘household’ budget, we are called to be responsible stewards and recognise the needs of God’s Church here on earth, both within our Congregations and in the greater community.
We suggest you contact your local Presbytery representative to find out how this change affects you.