As weather patterns become more extreme, we experience more and more weather events that leave communities devastated by drought, fires and floods.
If you or your Church would like to give to these crises, the Moderator's Appeal distributes funds where they are most needed.
There are a number of ways you can give to the Moderator's Appeal:
- To give by cheque simply mark your envelope Moderator's Appeal, PO Box A2178, Sydney South NSW 1235.
- Please make the cheque out to "The Uniting Church in Australia, Synod of NSW and the ACT".
Our Bank Account Details:
Account Name: Moderators Appeal
Branch: L9 / 222 Pitt St, Sydney 2000
Once you have made the donation, if you would like a letter of thanks, please call 02 8267 4342. If you have any questions or concerns contact us by calling 02 8267 4342 or email firstname.lastname@example.org
Application for funds from the Moderator's Appeal
The following is the procedure for the submission of applications for funds to provide relief in disaster situations.
Applications must be in writing, and may be submitted by email to email@example.com or by mail to the Moderator's Appeal, P.O. Box A2178 Sydney South, NSW, 1235. The telephone number for inquiries is (02) 8267 4325.
The application should provide adequate details concerning:
- the disaster and the affect on individuals, community and region,
- the project or relief proposed to meet the needs, and the personnel and organizations involved,
- the finances needed and the purposes that it is to achieve (the budget),
- Name and contact details of the person making the application
For more information
If you have any questions or concerns contact us by calling (02) 8267 4342 or email firstname.lastname@example.org
You can download a poster to advertise the Moderator's Appeal in your local Church here.
Please note that donations given to the Moderator's Appeal are not tax deductible.