Operations and Development Manager - Newtown Mission
An exciting opportunity exists for an enthusiastic and competent Operations and Development Manager who would like to be part of a vibrant and diverse Christian organisation and community in the Inner West of Sydney.
As a missional congregation of the Uniting Church, Newtown Mission is specifically called to reach out to the marginalised in the context of a Jesus-centred worshipping community that lives at the intersection of Word, Justice and Spirit. Newtown Mission’s life of mission, evangelism and discipleship radiates out from King St in the heart of Newtown. The chapel and hall are places of community life and worship in a variety of ways, with the Jordan Café community gathered around four mealtimes each week. Our call to mission is also expressed in Annandale through the Creative Arts Centre (ACAC) and in Tempe through our Tongan Fellowship.
As Operations and Development Manager you are experienced and able to carry out and manage the day-to-day operations of the Newtown Mission office, becoming an integral part of the staff team and representing the Mission to the congregation and the community. You will also have the vision and energy to lead the development of new initiatives within the church and local community.
This is a full-time role and requires work in the Newtown Mission office from Mon-Fri for 38 hours per week, though flexible options can be discussed. The salary is offered at a rate reflecting the significant responsibility and leadership initiative required for this role.
KEY AREAS OF RESPONSIBILITY
- General administration & office management
- Finance administration & co-ordination (bookkeeping, payroll, budgets, audits & compliance)
- Co-ordination of property management of a large property portfolio
- Development management (new initiatives, internship program, fundraising, community partnerships)
- Communications management (print, website, social media, reports)
- Work Health & Safety management
- Christian person with a strong affinity with Newtown Mission's values and strategic direction and a willingness to connect with the membership of the Mission
- Team player, with a flexible and adaptable attitude, yet have the skills to work unsupervised on many activities in a busy and challenging environment.
- Compassion for and awareness of the needs of the marginalised in our community
- Excellent communication, organisation and administrative skills
- Enthusiastic and proactive in leading areas of development
- Experience relevant to the role & responsibilities
Applications close Thursday 22nd March. An information package, including a Job Description, can be obtained through email to firstname.lastname@example.org. For other enquiries please call Rev Graeme Tutt on 9519 9000.