General Secretary SA Synod
Unit of Presbytery & Synod/Congregation: Uniting Church SA Presbytery & Synod
Classification: Classification Options
- 5 year fixed-term placement – 1.0 FTE
- Ordained or lay ministry
- Strategic, governance and pastoral leadership
The Uniting Church SA is currently seeking a General Secretary to provide strategic, pastoral and governance leadership to the Presbytery and Synod to assist the Church as it seeks to further develop its capacity for mission and ministry.
The General Secretary, reporting to the Standing Committee, will have major responsibilities which will include:
- Actively engaging in the spiritual discernment and strategic thinking about the life, vision and mission of the Church in collaboration with the Moderator
- Fulfilling the duties of the Secretary of the Presbytery and the Synod
- Ensuring the coordination and integration of the work of the Presbytery and Synod office by means of building effective working relationships with Executive Officers
- The implementation of the Presbytery and Synod Strategic Plan and the associated decisions regarding mission and future direction
- Membership of various Church boards and committees, including Presbytery and Synod and its Standing Committee, Resources Board, Placements Committee, Mission & Leadership Development Board and Assembly
The General Secretary will be a person who proclaims faith in Jesus Christ and demonstrates a sense of call to this leadership role. It is critical that the General Secretary will evidence the ability to work with people of diverse theological views and respects the ethos of the Mission Networks.
The person appointed will be an active member of the Uniting Church in Australia, with gifts and experience in mediation and advocacy. Tertiary qualifications in theology and/or one or more areas of community, management, human services or social sciences are highly desirable.
A full Position Description & Person Specification is available online at the link below. For further information or confidential enquiries please contact Karen Granger, Manager Human Resources on 08 8236 4278 or 0402325333.
Expressions of interest and/or applications close at 4pm April 30, 2018 and can be emailed to firstname.lastname@example.org.
Full job description/advertisement: General Secretary (255 kb PDF)
Application close date: 30 April 2018 at 4.00PM
Contact person: Karen Granger, Manager - Human Resources
By phone: 08-8236-4278 or 0402325333
By email: email@example.com